Sunday, June 22, 2014

Magic Straight..At Home!

AHHH!
Just discovered DIY magic straight/permanent hair straightening!
Cost me $5.99 for the straightening formula, an additional $10.00 for a cheap flat iron, and a bit of time to put it all together. Can't believe salons are charging $150+ for this when the results are EXACTLY THE SAME.

So the product I used was:
(IMG CREDITS: G-Market.co.kr)
꽃을든남자/KkoteuldeunNamja Hair Coating Straight Cream



Previously, I had permed my hair TWICE within a week because the lady said that my hair is naturally so pin-straight, the first perm was unraveling. What happened was BURNT hair!! After about 7-8 months of it, I finally decided to cut the burnt parts off this past weekend, and the results were:





BEFORE
(Please excuse my "hair experimenting" shirt; stained with dye and everything haha..)
The hair wasn't TOO terrible, just not as neat as I'd have liked.


So first, I applied the cream, labelled #1 (the white tub pictured above), all over where the perm remained. Basically 1/4" from my roots all the way down; more concentrated on my ends where the perm was most prominent:



#1 Cream applied
(please excuse shameless selfie pose)


Then, I washed the cream out WITH JUST WATER after 10 minutes. DO NOT SHAMPOO. I proceeded to - aggressively towel dry, let air dry, and because I'm impatient - blow dry on low with cold air. The results of just that:




Pretty straight for just that, huh?!
I then straightened with hair straightener. I think this bonds the cream to my hair. I didn't picture this step because it's what you'd imagine it to be.


Next, I coated my hair with #2, the yellow bottle pictured above. It is basically a runny serum (water consistency). I just cupped my hands with it, and THREW it at my hair, hehehe.. I did it until my hair was drenched. About 20 minutes later, I washed it out with, again, just water. I air dried, and results:

SO STRAIGHT!!!


That night, I ended up denting my hair in my sleep (lol). So I got scared and washed my hair the following morning with just a deep conditioning hair mask. Tresemme's Renewal mask in specific:


(IMG CREDITS: Amazon.com)
Tresemme Scalp Renewal Hair & Scalp
My hair went back to being pin-straight! Whew.
I didn't wash my hair since; i have second day hair at the moment, and it's still straight!!



Before and after side by side for comparison:



BEFORE & AFTER


Still in disbelief.
BTW - I ended up using about half the amount given because my hair is so short, and the lady at the salon thinned it out significantly.
If I'd known the product would work so well, I'd have gotten a trim and kept my hair long!! Ack.



CC TWO THUMBS UP!

You can probably find this product at your local Asian beauty supply store, or get it on amazon HERE.
Seriously, try this before running to a salon~~




CHARM✌참

No comments: