Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Favorites

I was totally going to do a thrift haul, but then didn't have enough time in the morning for pictures (in natural lighting), so I decided to do a "February Favorites" instead since I can just use stock photos.

In no particular order:
Disclaimer: Source of all pictures from manufacturers' sites.

Cosmetics:
1. Tony Moly Dear Me BB Cream (SPF 30, PA++)
Seriously a life-saver! My skin in the winter is so dry; the dryness and lack of sweat put me in the market for something that would stay hydrating throughout the day. Unlike many other bb creams targeted towards normal to oily skinned people, Tony Moly's Dear Me does not set with a powdery finish, and therefore does not result in emphasized cake-y looking skin. If that wasn't enough, it also provides SPF! Not anything extreme for beating sun conditions, but just enough for the colder months. I was lucky enough to pick this up in Incheon airport last summer, and have just enough to last me through this winter.. I'll definitely have to pick up another tube before next winter rolls around!
I would suggest this to fellow dry skinned people out there, not so much for those with oily skin types.

2. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush in 030 Roseberry


Absolutely love this blush on my skin (MAC NC 15-20/C1 Face and Body). I read many reviews saying that this product isn't pigmented enough. I guess that's true for darker skin tones out there, but personally, I find this blush super build-able. It delivers it's namesake in that it's a muted rose berry; its not completely matte and not completely shimmery in finish - more satin if anything. 
If you are fairer I'd suggest you give this blush a try; it gives the ultimate "baby its cold outside" look. 

3. ELF blush in Gotta Glow


I'll admit, I was pretty disappointed when I first received this product (way back when) because it does not live up to it's claim to fame at all! It's supposed to be a super comparable dupe to NARS' Albatross, but it's definitely more sheer and golden. I guess I didn't really give it a try after the negative first impression, and boy do I regret it. I picked it up again recently because I found my other highlighters a bit too dramatic and silver for my more warm toned eye looks - since then I haven't put it down. Though shimmery, it isn't like Benefit's High Beam; the highlighter is so sheer that it ends up leaving a very subtle finish to the skin. This, by no means, doesn't mean that it can't be dramatic - it can be built up very quickly and easily. 
I would imagine this highlight to compliment most, if not all, skin tones!

SKINCARE: 
1. Boots Expert Sensitive Restoring Night Treatment


Again with the terribly dry skin. If not for this moisturizer, I'd have resorted to applying oil to my face. It's fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and all that other good stuff. Though it's a night treatment, I've been using this daily as my morning moisturizer as well, and it helps my skin stay buoyant and baby soft. 
Great stuff; check it out if you have dry skin that tends to flake (no patches since I've incorporated this into my day/night routine).

FRAGRANCE:

1. Bath and Body Works Be Enchanted Eau de Toilette:


This scent - where to begin..It's super sweet, super fruity, and yet still somehow super winter-y. Anything that can incorporate fruitiness/citrus into winter? Heck ya! 
The official description of this scent is: 
"Master perfumers blended iced pomegranate, sugared petals and creamy musk to create this fresh, sparkling frosted floral fragrance sweetened with sugared pomegranate and inspired by all that glitters.
  • Top Notes: Mouthwatering Citrus, Iced Pomegranate, Chilled Wildberries, Crystallized Passionfruit
  • Mid Notes: Sheer Honeysuckle, Floral Frosted Bouquet, Sugared Violet, Dewfruit, Asian Pear
  • Dry Notes: Whipped Vanilla, Creamy Musk, Sandalwood"
It hasn't replaced my signature scent (MAC's turquatic), but has definitely made a winter presence. 


FOOD: 
1. Popcorn Indiana Kettle Corn 

Honestly, it doesn't have to be the Popcorn Indiana brand, I'd go crazy for kettle corn in general. All that refined sugary goodness on carbs..Need I say more?

MISC:
1. Markings by C.R. Gibson (Journal)


In a previous post I mentioned that I picked this journal up (the stock photo does it so much more justice). I did say that I might return it cause of it being leather, but I decided to just be bad this one time - forgive me dear cows )':!
It wasn't too long since I've had it so I don't really know if it warrants a spot on this list, but I love it too much to not share.
Seriously, having a personal journal to write in wherever/whenever is breathtakingly liberating. I feel that its helped me cope with stress better, while organizing my thoughts. Can't wait to fill every inch of this beauty.

MUSIC: 

1. INFINITE - 추격자 (The Chaser)

 

No, I am not an Infinite fan; I don't know their names, their birthdays, nor do I really care. What DID catch my attention was this song. Its seriously so k-pop as it was and should be. No electronic chanting, no gangster imitation; just pure, good, "back in the day" vibe, k-pop. +I love how almost traditional the song sounds, like, traditional as in 100-years ago traditional..
I've checked out a couple of other Infinite songs and was pretty impressed, though I can't say the same for anything by Infinite H. 
Addicted; hitting the replay button again and again and again... 

Charm✌참

1 comment:

jennyjang said...

You make me wanna go buy all the things you just listed!!!!